So, today was my second day of uni LOL Met up with Karen at the ststaion and I had to bring a spare shoelace because she forgot hers xD
Headed to Central. Went to Maccas for lunch and then headed to UTS. We were early so we sat and waited. I saw Jasper although we didn't say hi. Then class started. We headed into the lecture theatre and it was smaller then I expected. Probably fit around.. 100 people. So the 3 HOUR lecture started. The lecturer Sam introduced the topic. Then he talked about assessments. We have our first assignment which is a 1200-1500 word report on a social or ethical issue in the IT industry D: This is just a "warm up" for our last and major assignment which is a 2200-2500 word research task which we have to incorporate our social and ethical assignment in! OHMAGERD. I've never written that many words before! I don't think i've ever went past 1200 words xD
Anyway, we were all like WTF and dying and all xD We made another friend named Lisa. Apparently she went to o-camp as well, but because she was in the other girls' cabin, we didn't get to meet each other. In the class, I knew quite a lot of people. There were the 2 guys I met from early orientation, Imogen, Helen chau my primary school friend, Marco ;P and some other familiar faces.
After explaining about the assessments, we had to do a writing task. Those who did it at o-camp got to have a break. The task was to write about a device you can't live without. I wrote about my mobile phone. After that was done, I handed my paper in and went to take a break with Karen. After the break, we went back in and some guy from the Australian Computer Society or something talked to us about internships and how we should find one now and stuff. Then a person from the careers service talked to us about some more job stuff. It was sooooo boring. It finally ended and we went home. LOL.
So I have Programming Fundamentals tmro and I was looking at the textbook for it and it's $136, DISCOUNTED at the coop bookshop. WTF?! So desperate times, requires desperate measures and I went on BOS to the buying/selling section and made a thread there LOLOL Hope someone has it for sale. The UTS second hand bookshop doesn't D:
Peace yo~
No comments:
Post a Comment