So today was my early orientation. Met up with Leanne, Kathy, Collin and Teena at the station at 8:30. Such a weird combination imo HAHA
Arrived at Central and headed to UTS. We didn't know the way so we went with the flow of other UTS looking students LMAO At least now I know how to get there xD
We arrived at UTS, building 6 and went to get our lanyards. It was coloured coded according to faculty. Mine was blue for IT. I looked around for other blue lanyards and couldn't find any :( Seriously thought I was the only one :( Then I saw some but they were guys and then I thought I was the only girl... so sad. There were heaps of engineering (red), science (yellow), nursing (purple) and design, architecture and building [DAB] (green). We saw Samnang and his other friend as well, both doing engineering. Anyway, for those of you who didn't know, Collin is doing engineering, Kathy and Teena - nursing and Leanne is doing DAB.
After registration, we all headed into the lecture theatre. People gave some talks, walked us through on how to use some of the different sites, although I knew how already and I'm sure everyone else did too. One of the older student who was giving a talk about timetables, was logging into her student portal and she got her password wrong twice and we laughed at her LOLOL After some more talks, the presenter then told us to look under our chairs for a piece of paper. I had nothing under my chair but Kathy who was next to me got a "Congratulations, you won an ipad" paper!!!! CONGRATS KATHY! I was so shocked and so was she. Kathy stood up to show people and yea :L HOW LUCKY!!!! Others got some coffee coupon or something LMAO still better than nothing :(
After the lecture, we had recess and after recess, we split into our faculties. We had a little time to get to know each other and I made a friend named Cindy, from Canley LOL. Then we headed to our classroom. Cindy and I sat next to each other while we waited for some other people. In the class there were only 4 girls, including me. I really do hope there will be more people coming LOL We played some icebreaker games which was really awkward because we had to stand in a line and face the opposite person. The person opposite me was a guy named Jon. Once we ran out of things to say we just stood there LMAO Then we had to move to the left and change partners. It was a guy named RJ. It was even more awkward with him LMAO *tear*
There were some more talking and then we had to fill in a survey. The damn chairs had wheels on them and when I wanted to sit, it would slide away... wtf LOL When we handed in our survey, they gave us our $100 gift card!! :D
Then it was lunch. We ate and then we went to our faculty campus tour. I was alone on this tour because Cindy didn't come :( I was walking alone that the student tour guide came to walk with me and ask me stuff LOL Twas awkward xD We arrived at building 10 and yea LOL
After the tour, I had to go to a HELPS workshop thing, which taught you how to write academically. In the middle of this session, it hit me that I was doing IT and I don't think I would be writing many essays, but oh wells LOL It was only me and Kathy left at the end of the day.
Once the session was over, Kathy walked me to Central station and I went home, while she went shopping. I was all alone on the train :( Train ticket was $5 btw. Damn peak time.
![]() |
And here's my lanyard~
Peace yo!


No comments:
Post a Comment